Celebrating 2 Years of Latin Women’s Business
LWB is thrilled to already have 2 years of helping businesswomen achieve their goals and maintain success. We have faced the year with similar objectives and new ones. Some of the things we have done throughout 2019 is as follows:
- Maintain positive brand image
- Marketing and advertising to spread the word on our society and events
- Have made additions to the official LWB website
- Grown our number of followers via our newsletter
- Gained more likes on our Facebook page
- And more members in our private group for Latin businesswomen and supporting businesswomen
- We have given away helpful promotional tools
- We have supported, sponsored and collaborated with various events such as Vamos a la Escuela, Red Global MX Awards 2019, and free health related events to name a few.
- Initiated a particular concentration on newcomers, and those wishing to live and have success in Canada, introducing the educational seminar, “Path to Canada”.
- Had events to benefit Latin businesswomen and supporters
- LWB has maintained meaningful relationships with our sponsors
- And obtained new sponsors such as Freshslice Pizza
- Started awarding deserving businesswomen and female professionals with our yearly award, The Latin Businesswomen of the Year Award
As we like to do every year, we celebrated our success and 2nd anniversary with the LWB 2 Year Celebration event which once again sold out. Our celebration was on January 25th, and the event was made possible with the support of Audi, OpenRoad Audi, Freshslice Pizza, PVTAX, Cinco de Mayo and All Around Design. Also, we were pleased to have special guests the Consul General of Mexico, Berenice Diaz Ceballos; and Market Manager of AeroMexico, Neil Prasad.
President of LWB, Paola Villagra with dear friend, Consul General of Mexico, Berenice Diaz Ceballos.
Group shot with Consul General of Mexico, Berenice Diaz Ceballos; Market Manager of AeroMexico, Neil Prasad; and LWB President, Paola Villagra.
We are so pleased to have the support of Freshslice Pizza and executives such as Tamila Khayrullaeva.
It was a splendid evening filled with both male and female professionals who support our cause. LWB praised Paola Levy, with the well-deserved award and title, “Latin Businesswoman of the Year 2020”. Also, we enjoyed a 3 course meal, drinks, good company and a silent auction with great things to win such as a weekend with an Audi, provided by Audi. Silent auction winners were contacted privately upon the following workday. All of the money that was generated will be used to continue our positive message, do more with our society and continue to support Latin businesswomen.
President of LWB, Paola Villagra, awarding businesswoman and avid contributor to the Latin community, Paola Levy. – Photos by Claude Duke