Latin Women’s Business Celebrates 1 Year
Latin Women’s Business (LWB), is pleased to have been helping both aspiring and continuing Latin businesswomen for a year now. Every society starts out with their objectives, and we for one are proud to see that we have accomplished most of the goals we had set for 2018.
Looking back, some of the great things we have been able to do throughout the year are:
- Established and implemented the branding
- Created a professional LWB website that Latin businesswomen can be proud of
- Achieved first page ranking on Google and other major search engines for various keyword phrases
- Established an easy to join Newsletter via the website
- Created our very own registration and ticketing system
- Created an article section in the LWB site, that will help women and allies stay up-to-date with LWB and learn through educational articles
- We have helped females gain more confidence and empowerment through strategic marketing campaigns
- Have done marketing and advertising to increase brand awareness
- Held delightful contests and related activities while building brand awareness (one of our highlights was giving away 2 plaza seats to see Shania Twain live)
- Created and built a community of female professionals in our official Facebook group Latin Women’s Business Vancouver BC
- We have helped Latin female professionals stay in Canada with valuable advice and given opportunities
- Provided female professionals with better working environments through business connections
- Helped promote businesswomen and their events in various different ways
- We have sponsored and supported meaningful nonprofit causes such as “Vamos a la Escuela”, which provides less fortunate children in Mexico with education in classes
- Our President and Founder, Paola Villagra, has been the guest speaker at educational events
- Supported and helped associations that benefit the Latin communiy such as VLACC (Vancouver Latin American Cultural Center), and MBAC (Mexican Business Association of Canada)
- LWB has seeked and obtained valuable partnerships
- Planned out events for the year 2019
- And have done other things that are important to LWB
Keyla G. enjoying the Shania Twain plaza tickets she won from Latin Women’s Business.
Moreover, although we have done all of these things, we are just getting started. There are new objectives for LWB this 2019, and we plan to at least accomplish majority of them once again.
To celebrate the past 2018, and what we have planned ahead, we had a 1 year celebration. The event was held at the OpenRoad Audi Dealership on Lougheed Hwy, on Saturday, January 26th. This event filled with both women and men who support Latin businesswomen and women in the workplace in general. This memorable occasion was both fun and beneficial for businesswomen and supporters.
Tickets were $30 and included a VIP three course meal sponsored by Cinco De Mayo, water and one alcohol drink. We had a delightful drink menu with a professional bartender. Additionally, there was a silent auction where great prizes were won such as an Audi for a weekend, sponsored by Audi. All of the money raised at the event will go towards the cause, and things that we have planned such as having more events, and brand awareness.
Images of this event can be found in our Gallery.